White Fuzz on Clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
Hi guys:

I have a Clarki clown who I just noticed today has some white fuzz--looks like fiberglass threads--all over her body. She is the only fish in my 55 gallon tank. All of my readings are okay and I've had her over a year with no trouble and haven't added anybody new to the tank since her. I noticed yesterday she was hiding behind the rocks at the bottom of the aquarium a lot and she normally doesn't do that...she is swimming fine and doesn't appear to be breathing heavily or anything but I don't know how to treat this. I"m going to move her into a bare bottom tank w/ no live rock but didn't know what to try--copper maybe? If anybody knows what this is, please let me know.

Thanks!

jl-sullivan

AC Members
Apr 30, 2007
She is still hanging in there this morning. I noticed a very large bristleworm last night after the lights went out--is it possible that he could have hurt her? I am still thinking disease but have no idea what could have shown up a year later. I'm thinking copper or a FW dip, but don't know exactly how to perform the latter. I was thinking velvet, but none of the pics of it I see really look like what she looks like.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store