bloated ocellarus clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
My bigger (of the mated pair) is very bloated, starting to lose some color, can't swim properly, and it almost looks like it's skales are starting to flip because of the bloating. Is it bad news?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
That's not normal. At first I thought it may be a gravid female, but if you are noticing those other symptoms, then it isn't consistent with that. May be the onset of some sort of dropsy... Not sure what may have caused it in your case, though. It has a kinda vague/broad etiology to begin with. Any pics?

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for the reply Amphi... I hadn't had a chance to take any pics, and when I tried to, the clown was gone. I'm pretty sure it's dead, as it's always easily visible. I have lots of rockwork in there and by now it's probably been eaten by the many critters I got in there.

I have no idea how this could have happened, as I haven't introduced anything in the tank in months.

In any case, it's a sad loss, was a very nice black ocellaris... Hopefully it isn't anything that will have an effect on the other fish in the tank

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Wow, sorry to hear that, Cheech. It didn't sound too good when you started the thread. It sucks to lose these guys. I lost my male not too long ago, too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store