29 Gallon Brackish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
Hello Everyone. I just recieved a 29 gallon tank and was wondering what you guys would stock it with if you could start from scratch.

I've been thinking about a F8 and a pair of Bumblebee Gobies with a sand bottom and plants. (Live?) I have no experience with live plants, so any suggestions would be great. Lastly, what size pvc pipe would you reccomend. :help: :help: :help:

Thanks guys!

flossyfloofloo

AC Members
Apr 14, 2008
nottingham england
planting will depend on the sg of the tank upto 1.010 u could go for java ferms and such but i have found very limeted brackish tollerable plants

secondly i would think the f8 may pose a problem with young bumble bees maybe is the were all small when u get them it could be possible, i also though bb's liked company so maybe 4-5 not sure on that tho

gordonw

AC Members
Nov 29, 2009
renton, wa
i kept my GSP with a bumblebee goby in a 30g for a while til i recently switched them over to a 55g. I even have some molly/guppy babies in with it and the puffer ignores them. You'll probably be ok to keep the BBG with the puffer

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
thanks for the feedback guys! Salinity will be a tablespoon per 5 gallons. I'm thinking about getting a few pvc pipes as well, what diameter would be best, and how could I attach java moss onto it.

Remember, I want a sand bottom as well.

Flaring Afro

AC Members
May 25, 2010
Be careful. Ask the store what they feed the puffer. I went to a lfs that said they fed guppies to their green spotted puffers, which means they would be more likely to think of a fish as food.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
1 tbsp/5g won't even register on a hydrometer. For low-end BW fish at a SG of 1.005, it would roughly take about 1 cup of marine salt/5g. Always use a hydrometer to measure salinity & never raise it more than .002/week, when raising it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store