kribs or rams?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

shadow999991

AC Members
Feb 12, 2009
i have a pair of angels that keep spawning at one side of my tank, a 55, only other tank mate is a small long finned bristle nose. so i was thinking i could get a pair of something to put in and hopfully get breeding on the other side. so kribs or rams? oh and olny rams around here are bolivian rams.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
If you are going to potentially have 2 pairs of breeding cichlids, I recommend getting a divider for the tank. When they are not breeding they should be fine, however even peaceful cichlids can get feisty when breeding.

shadow999991

AC Members
Feb 12, 2009
the only reason i'd evan think i can pull this off, is at one time i had a pair of kribs in with a ****load of angels that where starting to pair up. kribs bred fine and the angels would leave them alone, and just kinda worried about the other angels. i figured it'd be something like that, but i guess it all depends on the pair

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I'd go rams too..very similar in tank parameters and should be fin in a 55 with a breeding pair of angels.

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
I agree with the divider, at least while they are spawning. Even little kribs can be deadly when protecting their babies. I have never had a problem with them being aggressive when not breeding, but they did kill 10 diamond tetras and had the whole tank (75g community) pushed to one side of the tank while they were breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store