30 gallon aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toaker

Registered Member
May 31, 2010
I am new to Aquaria central, and have decided to post a thread about myself and my aquariums. I started in the aquarium hobby about 6 years ago with a 10 gallon tank. The first year I had lost about 5 fish in the aquarium, then I started checking on line for a solution and found a couple and tried them out. After I started following all the steps i learned and after that I ran the 10 gallon tank for about 3 years with only one casualty. Then I decided to get a bigger tank and I purchased a used 40 gallon aquarium from my LFS. FIrst fish I put in there after cleaning and cycling the tank was my algea eater which was about 6" long at the time and it was in my 10 gallon tank and it needed more room. Then i added a albino catfish. They were fine together for about 1 year without any problems. Then we went out for a weekend and I came back to find the catfish half eaten and dead. I had set the fish feeder to feed them and it did, but it looks like the algea eater decided to eat the catfish. About 3 months after I decided to give away the algea eater it was about 10" long and I could not put anything else in the tank with it, it kept killing everything so I gave him away. Then I just happened upon a add for a free 28 gallon tall tank and decided to get it and cleaned it out and cycled it and moved my fish from my 10 gallon tank to the 28 gallon tank. Now I am getting a 38 gallon corner tank setup that i got for free also, and then I want to try a planted tank with my 10 gallon. Here are pictures of my 28 gallon up and running, I will post pictures of my other tanks after i get them going, hopefully soon.

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0007 (2).JPG IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0032.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store