My first Tropical Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bogor

Registered Member
Mar 9, 2010
Hi all,
I just completed my first tropical tank and thought I would share.
It is a 20L (I think thats about 10Gal) and I have put in 10 Neon Tetras (now 8 as two died within 24 hours of getting them home), 2 Albino Corys and it has 2 Breeding Mystery snails and a few younger ones.
I had over 100 Mystery snails at one stage, however the local fish shop took them off my hands and gave me some store credit. Used that towards buying the new residents.
Kept at 26 degrees C and I use pure rainwater from my tank in the garden.
I am from Australia and found this site while researching keeping fish. Awesome site with so much great information.

I was also given a 20L tank which has 2 Goldfish and a few Mystery Snails from the other tank.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FishPish

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Post your aquarium test readings and have a pro do a master test kit on the water sample. Tetras are a pretty tolerant fish in terms of Ph. I usually get 1 in 10 dieing within the first week of adding fish to a new tank. I think its tank shock and restlessness that kills them from the transfer as none of my readings are ever seriously abnormal. There are also usually territorial claims being made in the first week and a persistent fish can cause suffocation, weakness, or sickness to another already in shock and breathing heavily. I always buy same temperament fish and it happens like clockwork for me every time. Most people just put up plenty of visual barriers. I don't this would help your docile neons. Just some personal observations for my aquariums. Other than that, keep an eye on your temperatures maybe add an air stone.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store