goin fishing need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC Members
Jun 2, 2010
i am gona go fishing today at a pond with many fish how will i get alot of bites

Last edited:

FishPish

AC Members
May 31, 2010
In my experiences with fishing, baiting and knotting the hook is one of the most important aspects. Choose the right hook for the size fish you want to catch. Eagle claws are great hooks. If you tie a deformed incorrect knot, the line makes lots of noise and scares fish. A sharp hook sticking out of the bait sometimes spooks them as well. The more realistic the lure or the situation where food is presented, the more likely you will catch a fish that isn't looking for a meal but takes it anyways.

Would really help to know if you were fishing with lures or live bait. I've only ever caught bass, cats, gar, tarp, sunfish and rock bass.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
choice of bait's , Lure, flies is partly determined by the species you hope to catch.

the importance of the knot has less to do with 'noise' but more to do with knot strength.
knots are a weak point in the line.. generally if the line breaks it is near the knot. an improperly/maintained knot could be the difference to a great day of fishing to a good day of fishing

FishPish

AC Members
May 31, 2010
Fish hunt by sound as well as sight. The knot in the line churns up the water and makes your line more noticeable to the fish as well does a hook sticking out. The more real the bait sounds, the better the chance you have.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store