molly growing slowly

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skunk_mommy

Registered Member
Nov 27, 2005
I have 4 mollies that I bought together about 6 weeks ago. Most have been growing quite well. One female is getting quite big and fat, another female and the male are just a little smaller. The problem is my dalmation lyretail female, she was just a little smaller than the others when i bought them, but she doesnt seem to have grown. She's only about a third of the size of the bigger female. Is there something wrong with her or is she maybe just a late bloomer?

bazil323

AC Members
May 1, 2008
Wisconsin
How big would you estimate her to be? Sometimes a molly can seem much smaller than the others but just be a small but fully grown individual, like a runt.

It's also possible that the others are hogging up the food and not letting her eat or possibly that she may be sick. You could try isolating her to allow her to eat a full share before the others and see if that makes a difference. If she has no other signs of illness, this may be internal parasites which can be treated as long as she is still eating, or it may not be illness at all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store