My tank specs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHGUY_CA

AC Members
Nov 27, 2002
Wiinipeg, MB Canada
Visit site
times darkred
Hey guys and gals,
I'm new to this site and I just thought I'd give you my tank specs incase you were interested !!!! My tank is a 40 gallon and right now I have two larger Red Bellied Pirahnas in it and they love it. I plan on going bigger in the spring ( 70-120 gallon perhaps) so that they have the space they need to swim freely and get bigger as they are almost too big for the tank they are in. I also have an undergravel filter attached to a 301 powerhead which works QUITE well to provide lots of oxygen and am also using an Aquaclear 200 model which I would like to upgrade to a 300 model to remove more waste products as well. I tried to make the setup as natural as possible so I went with bogwood and LOTS of plants and freshwater reef so they have plenty of hiding spots in the tank. I feed them live foods such as goldfish (making sure I get them from a reliable source as I know goldfish carry alot of parasites) ghostshrimp which they LOVE, and I also feed them beefheart which I prepare myself(YUCK) and they seem to love that as well. Contrary to what I've heard, they DO eat pellet food in small quantities as long as you try and mix it in with beefheart they don't seem to mind that much actually. I have heard the only way of telling male/female apart is generally the males are larger and rounder and the anal fin is longer but I'm not a marine biologist I can't honestly tell just by looking for sure. I do have a young cat who thinks it makes me happy when she goes running face first into the tank but she learnt the hard way when she dipped her paw in the top of the tank and one of the Pirahnas took a nip at her hence she doesn't go near the tank since that little incident occured. Anyways folks that's what I have but I'll keep you up to date with what my plans are and what happens in the future also. Happy fishkeeping everyone and tah tah for now .......
With Best Regards :)
FISHGUY_CA

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store