It's been awhile

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SecretAsianFish

AC Members
Jan 23, 2010
Puget Sound area in Washington
Gouramis were the fish who really got me in the hobby. I have had many bad experiences with them, but I would like to try them again. Actually I would like to breed them. I have the choice of adding a pair of either, Lavendar (3 spot), Platinum (3 spot), Moonlight, Snakeskin or Combtail.

I have kept 3 spot gouramis, moonlight and snakeskin gouramis in years past. But my Moonlight and snakeskin duked it out till the end. my 3 spots have always been afraid of their own reflection.

I would like to know if I could breed them in a 30 gallon, or if I should add random ones to my 75. If they do into the 30 could I keep 6 panda corydoras with them?

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
I don't know anything about any of the species except 3-spot and besides the Pearl their my favorite. Mine aren't afraid of their reflection so I don't know what was going on with your guys. You could try upping the foliage and providing floating plants for them so they'd feel safe. Breeding certainly sounds like a possibility in a 30gal but it you'll have to read up on how to do it. I don't know what fish you have in your 75gal so I wouldn't be able to say whether or not gouramis would me a good fish to go in that tank. Every gourami has varying degrees of aggression but I would say yes to keeping panda corys with them. I have Emerald splendens(ground feeder that looks like a cory) in with mine.

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Yes, I agree with Ratlova to pack your tank with plants including floating ones, if you want them to be comfortable & breed. I don't see cories as being a problem, especially in that size tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store