Pearl Gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Craigthor

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
Anyone keeping these? Would love pictures of your setups. Also any easy way to pick males/ females as I'm considering selling off my B. Albimarginata and getting a few pairs of these.

Craig

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
I had one, a female, one of my favorite fish. The males (adults, anyway) will have a gold color on their chest, and a longer top fin. If you have a good LFS they should be able to help you sex them, it's not hard if you've seen both sexes a few times. Absolutely beautiful fish, very peaceful as well. My favorite gourami.

Craigthor

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
Thanks, I love my Albis they jsut are very shy and don't come out much where the Gouramis would stand out more.

I've currently got a large school of Gold Ring Danios for a Dither Fish so I'm thinking a larger centerpiece fish would be ideal. Thinking either 1M and 2F or 2M and 5F. I've got a 72x18 Footprint so lots of room for them to spread out.

Craig

Craigthor

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
Got my Pearls today now jsut have to get all my Albis sold. The Pearls I got had to drive an hour and a half for are just stunning.

Craig

Craigthor

AC Members
Jul 29, 2007
I have to say I love the coloring on my Pearls. Some of hte nicest ones I have seen in person and the tails are already starting to show the splits as they get that ragedy look. My tank will be fully stocked as of Friday when my school of Y. Sidthimunki (Dwarf Chain Loaches) arrive. Should make for a wonderful active tank with lots of action to go around.

Craig

spartanalia

AC Members
Apr 12, 2010
This may or may not be true, but my LFS told me that pearl gouramis are much hardier than the neon blue variety. Another upside of this breed I suppose :)

dannyboiiii

AC Members
May 1, 2010
tonawanda,ny
pearls r less aggressive then most larger gouarmis,
get some plants,and have some top water plants to give cover......
also u can tell males and females apart by there dorsal fins and coloration,
males will b more colorful with a long dorsal fin that comes to a point..
females dorsal fins are rounded

svf

Jul 14, 2006
Falls Church, VA
www.madoboe.com
Real Name
Susan
Camera Used
My cell phone.
Pearls are among my very favorite fieh. I have 4 in a 56 gallon with a herd of black neons and a herd of sterbai cories. I've had these 4 (a male and 3 females) for over 3 years.
Male

One of the females

And I just like this picture. It's from when I first got them.

I think that gourami temperament can really be a crapshoot. You can have the most peaceful fish on the planet or you can have a total bully.

dannyboiiii

AC Members
May 1, 2010
tonawanda,ny
svf I think that gourami temperament can really be a crapshoot. You can have the most peaceful fish on the planet or you can have a total bully.[/QUOTE said:
yea but not these guys..
there alot more peaceful to other spiecies of fish too,
ive had other gouramis and they were just meanies
\blues greens and the dwarfs,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store