Is it just me?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
I don't know if it's just me or not, but whenever I'm watching a movie or tv show and there is a fish tank in the scene,I can't help but take my attention away from what's going on, and onto the tanks lol.
Instead of watching and enjoying the film I'm looking at what size of tank, what fish they have in there, as well as decorations and so on.

That being said, I think one of the nicest tanks I've seen in a movie was in Deuce Bigalow Male Gigolo.

Sometimes I really think I need help lol :uhoh:

Last edited:

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I don't remember the movie, but I watched one recently and there was a goldfish in a bowl. I started complaining about it rather than watching the film. They should set good examples!

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Same here. Just watched 'From Paris With Love' the other night and was distracted by the fish tank. :rolleyes:

rushr

i'm going hooome!
Mar 17, 2010
near twin cities
I do it as well :) I get completely distracted from the story.

There's this comedy called A Fish Named Wanda with some of the Monty python cast. It starts out with shots of a 29, I think, with bala sharks, angels, livebearers, clown loaches, and all kinds of fish that don't go together and wont fit eventually. It's got a bubbly treasure chest too. It's a cute tank if I don't think about the above lol

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
i find myself doing it with too with movies and tv shows. have missed whole scenes because i was looking at the tanks.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
I do that occasionally. Sometimes i pause the movie (if its a DVD or on demand) just to see whats in the tanks :D

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
I'm usually distracted by my own aquarium when watching a good movie, i often glance over to see how my fish are doing and end up losing interest in the movie.lol:popcorn:

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
I'm usually distracted by my own aquarium when watching a good movie, i often glance over to see how my fish are doing and end up losing interest in the movie.lol:popcorn:
LOL, I do that too!! "OMG, did you see what just happened" me:"Umm, no I was watching the fish"!!!!

Yes, I do it in movies, tv shows, and commercials too ;)

ryukin_5

AC Members
Mar 30, 2010
Antigua W.I
now the feeling all to well LoL ohAnd now their is a song with a video thats almost totallt centerd on an aquarium by the The Chemical Brothers called "The Salmon Dance" Go figure LoL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store