75g craigslist rebuild

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
Ok so I am getting a new tank this weekend, it is a 90G with a overflow. I am going to be moving my peacocks to it. The are currently in a 55g. Before I move them I need some feedback and some ideas on what i should do in the tank. I have two pieces of holey rock right now. I am wondering if I should change from the black gravel that I have to something else? I want to build a nice rock formation in the tank, so can you great people give me some ideas.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Add a few more pieces of Texas rock and do a sand substrate..

goalieman59

Gone Crazy, back soon
Jul 23, 2008
OFallon IL
just a basic sand? The wife does not like the idea of sand cause she hates having to do water changes with it. And yes they are my tanks and my wife does the water changes. (I could not ask for a better wife) Does any one have any good holey rock formation pictures.

P.S. PitBull I love the look of you 120 4' tank, very nice.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Black sand and the THR create a beautiful contrast in that kind of setup, IMO.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Less is better you only want about an 1 1/2" to 2" sand bed so i think you may get by with 60LBS of sand just depends on your tanks footprint..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It has the same foot print as a 75g tank. I will be putting some egg crate in the bottom so i need to make sure I cover that.
In that case, I think Pittbull is right: 60 lbs may be enough, IMO.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store