USPS contributes to death

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kentucky Koi

Junior member, Senior keeper.
Jun 7, 2010
Owensboro, Kentucky
I'm sorry for your loss, but don't blame the USPS. I've used them several times to ship, and have only had one problem, because of a fault of my own. Your bag had to have leaked. If it leaks, they are required to call hazmat to find out what the liquid is, and then if its just water, they send it on. Whoever sent you the fish is at fault, sorry.

-Eric

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
before reading Kentucky's comment i had a similar idea. do you know that the box was crushed and then the bag leaked, or did the bag leak causing the box to crush? There are a lot of variables and i would hate to finger point inappropriately.

either way, sorry for the loss there buddy.

saveone

AC Members
Apr 4, 2010
eastern ky
Good questions but I did say contributes not at fault. Still I prob should not have posted. It was a knee jerk reaction somewhat tied to another similar situation. My bad.

Thanks for the condolences.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Regardless of fault, shipping anything with water is a risk. Accidents happen to the best of shippers. I doubt there was any malice or intent.

Sorry to see it happened to you and the loss of a fish. I certainly understand the knee jerk reaction. I had a leaker arrive and I was able to open it in front of the carrier. I got lucky all arrived alive.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Aw I'm sorry you lost a fish. It's good you and the seller worked it out, I hope you and your fish are happy!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store