bass

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fish-n-chips

AC Members
Oct 29, 2008
N.E. WI
Real Name
C.J.
Ditto on that. I always have better luck with artificials personally. "yum" brand- with salt, And "chompers" with garlic and salt. Lizards and ribbontails. If I know a pond has crayfish, I will use those in plastic. Watermelon seed color is one of my favs. A generic rule for me is darker colors in clear water, lighter colors in murky/ stained water. With spinners, silver is good for darker water and brass or gold in clear water. Topwater cranks/plugs will be a good choice for early morn and late afternoon.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Depending on bass type, I use night crawlers and artificial. For striped bass I use cut-bait, artificial, squid, crays, eels.

Cheech

Global Moderator
Jan 13, 2000
Montreal, Canada
I've had the best luck using buzzbait for bass. Usually use black for darker dirtier water, and white and colorful with clear water on a sunny day.

This is my favorite lure! Caught lots of bass and pike with this guy

dafishman

AC Members
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone else heard the trick for bass where you take the rubber baits (worms, crawfish, whatever you can get your hands on) and cut 'em up and melt 'em together in odd configurations? I tried this a couple times years back, and the bass seemed to hit 'em HARD. Read about it in an article that said it works well for conditioned bass that have seen anything and everything thrown at 'em and just don't wanna bite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store