JUST GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!! (BP)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
It was just a matter of time for this to happen , right ?

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
A potential tropical storm. But, there's not enough context here for any useful conclusions to be drawn.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
So we're blaming the weather on BP now? Sweet!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
So we're blaming the weather on BP now? Sweet!

No, it means things will probably get worse if a tropical storm or hurricane slows or stops the cleanup :hypnotized:

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
BP should have to change their logo to baby turtles or pelicans drenched in oil. I love how the English were getting upset when Obama talked about fines against BP because their shareholders would lose money. Ever heard of invest in a company that you can trust????
:topic:

Before I get to :topic: I just want to say that a hurricane or even a small storm system would be scary....

J double R

The Devil
Jan 13, 2007
Louisiana
Real Name
Jon
actually, I read an article that analyzed the different directions storms advance in the gulf, and it showed data that was suggestive of a big storm actually being beneficial in that it would break up huge slicks and allow the oil to spread in minute amounts, promoting biological breakdown.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Sheesh, it was bound to happen eventually. Both with the BP oil spill and the tropical storm. Put that many risks in an area and something WILL go wrong.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
who put the tropical storm there..?

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
actually, I read an article that analyzed the different directions storms advance in the gulf, and it showed data that was suggestive of a big storm actually being beneficial in that it would break up huge slicks and allow the oil to spread in minute amounts, promoting biological breakdown.

To add to this the angle of the storm plus the winds around the storm would push the oil away from shore since they are counter clockwise. Not to mention the churning of the water breaks up the oil slicks deeper in the water.

Plus out of all the models showing the direction of this particular storm only 1 shows it even remotely going in that direction.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store