Jpappy's 10 gallon CP setup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I thought I would make an official thread for these guys. So far I just have the D. adelae (earlier pics seen here) but hopefully I will be ordering more soon. Cobraplant has been low on inventory recently and I'd like to get everything from the same place.

I removed the sphagnum moss from the bottom and decided to just go with the RO water instead since the soil was drying out too quickly. They seem to be perking up more. I am soaking some of the dried LF moss too just because I'd like to get some of that to grow as well.

Future plans are...

D. spatulata
D. capensis
N. ventricosa
P. montezumae

And now for some recent pics...

IMG_1875.JPG IMG_1877.JPG

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Cool! Looks like they've grown quite a bit.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I'm surprised they don't have the ventricosa. They've had them pretty reliably since I've been looking at the sight. The pings seem to be hit and miss. Jacob's been posting on FB that they're having a really cool spring which might impede the tropicals a bit.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
Not under the company name, but the owner Jacob Farin is there... I can send you the link.

PaulJ69

CP addict
Mar 18, 2008
NJ
looks... empty :)

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
LOL I know.

I actually just picked up an unknown Sarracenia sp. from Lowes (for 5 bucks I had to). It's only label is "Purple pitcher" so my first guess is S. purpurcea but who knows.

Not exactly what I had in mind but it's something. They also had some VFTs and a sad looking D. adelae.

Are they like neps and need to be out of the water? Right now they are sitting directly in the water since they were somewhat dried up but I want to transplant them tomorrow into a larger pot. What should I use for soil? At the moment they are in 100% sphagnum but that is probably not ideal.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store