Cyprichromis Leptosoma

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vai1296

AC Members
Jun 14, 2010
Just a quick question about general info on these fish Cyprichromis Leptosoma i came across the fish on youtube and thought they were so beautiful! I would def like to get these little guys and maybe even breed them if i could. Any and all info would help.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
Go to cichlid-forum.com and go to articles or something like that and find them, there's alot of good info there. I'd give you the link but i'm on my iPod. Also they're going to need a 55 at the minimum with larger tanks needed for the larger species of cyp

AfroCichlid

AC Members
Jan 10, 2008
Fort Myers, FL
Fragile, expensive, and difficult to ship. I would recommend you start with a 75 gal Tanganyikan community and add the Cyps after the tank is fully cycled. Otherwise you're risking throwing money away. The Paracyprichromis family is interesting as well... freshwater sardines.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I agree...NOT a fish you want to attempt without considering the costs. You'll need a 4 foot tank at the very least (As Afro said a 75 is best) and will need to purchase a large group (8 minimum, 10-12 is better...more than that even better) which is going to be expensive. Not to mention they are not the hardiest fish which makes shipping complicated. I would have gotten some a while ago if not for this...

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
I have 8 Cyprichromis Jumbo BlackBee 1M / 7F and 4 Paracyprichromis Nigripinnis Neon blues 3M / 1F and mine are great they all get along and do well in my 120gal Getting them home and keeping the water straight will be your task..

If you can get them local go for that usually fish clubs and Pet shops that will order them for you will be your best bet.. Be careful on mail order like every one else has said here..

Good luck..

vai1296

AC Members
Jun 14, 2010
I guess I will have to wait a bit to get these guys due to the tank requirement. At the moment no local petshops have these nor can they order them for me. I'm fresh outa luck.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store