Help!! Disease

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
My Bleeding hearts are coming down with this disease. They loose a patch of color then the patch gets bigger and bigger. The photos show what happened in only 2 days. Now another one has it. I have them isolated. Help. What can I do? What do I treat it with??

Attachments

ODPILOT

AC Members
Nov 5, 2009
Picture is not good but is part of the tail missing? It's some type of skin infection, which can be bacterial or fungal. Funus usually cause fluffy white patches, like cotton -- try adding both antifunfal and antibiotics to the water, see if that helps.
I've never, ever been able to cure these problems in any of my fish that have gotten sick.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
The tail fin is rotting, but it is the only fish that has this. The problem starts out as a blotch, the spreads (gets bigger). It now (in 2-3 days) cover 1/3 of the body.

Another fish has it too, but is starting from the front (head).

Params==Ammonia and nitrite are zero. Nitrate at 20+ (I have lots of plants so am adding nitrates too). PH at 6.3

PS--have started to treat with API "fungus cure".

kianna

Keep on swimming
Sep 15, 2008
Lakewood, WA
  • Looks like columnaris (flexibacter). I've found it very difficult to get rid of. Google it and you'll find lots of info on it.

AtlantisTreasur

AC Members
May 24, 2009
i got some lifeguard medication once that treated a long range of diseases in fish. if you can't figure out what he has, you might want to try to find a general medication for it.

tanker

Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Yikes, now my snakeskins are dying. The were in the same tank, but no symtoms.

:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store