A scary thought

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
So a while ago at work, across the street at a pizzeria there was a big scene. Ambulances, firetrucks, police were looking for somebody. Then about an hour later an ambulance came back and I saw one employee (who comes to the fish store) very often limp into the ambulance.

A few days later and after many rumors he comes in to exchange money for work and he tells us the story.

http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/07/01/1101204/new-charges-filed-in-road-rage.html

What he told us is almost exactly what witnesses reported (except for a few small irrelevant details such as him being called outside to help vs hearing something outside and he checks it out).

It makes me sick that somebody could literally just line up somebody with the hood of the car and hit them and run them over. And his lawyer is trying to make a defense saying that he was in a situation where two unarmed men (according to fact AND witness reports) were somehow going to threaten his life so he had to hit them and run one of them over.

IMO he should be charged with attempted manslaughter and get jail time. It makes me sick that they are trying to make a defense and he is getting lesser charges.

What are some of your opinions on how this case will go. Do you think he has a chance?

bderick67

"need more tanks"
Feb 9, 2007
Wonderful Colorado
Sounds like the two so called victims were far from model citizens. Why is the guy jumping on the hood of the car in the first place. Fricking idiot should expect to get ran over :duh:

I'm sure there is much more to the story then is being told.

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
Once the courts are involved the truth is never revealed. Both sides will stick to there own story. (which they will enhance to make them look like the good guy). Either way I do not think running over someone in a car is justified and he should be convicted on those grounds. Just my opinion folks.

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
Sounds like the two so called victims were far from model citizens. Why is the guy jumping on the hood of the car in the first place. Fricking idiot should expect to get ran over :duh:
I was thinking that the first time he tried to hit him he jumped so he wouldn't get hurt. I have seen that happen before.

As for being model citizens, I know they both got charged for having marijuana years back (You would be surprised how many people have been charged with this here). Other than that, they are good friends who do make some irresponsible choices, but keep to themselves. The one I know does not go out looking for trouble or make decisions that cause harm.

Remember, these are witness statements, not the victim's.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Personally i think that the guy who was driving was in the wrong. He should not have run him over, that (no matter if he was being threatened or not) was unnessesary. He should have driven away, or at least far enuff that he couldn't get "harmed".

bderick67

"need more tanks"
Feb 9, 2007
Wonderful Colorado
Other than that, they are good friends who do make some irresponsible choices, but keep to themselves. The one I know does not go out looking for trouble or make decisions that cause harm.
How is going to the home of the accussed, keeping to themselves and not looking for trouble?

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
he should get locked up just because he didn't have the cojones to deal with things on a man to man level.

then again, these are u.s. courts, reporters, citizens, friends, neighbors... who knows the truth...

anyway... no marbles...

Industrial

AC Members
Oct 29, 2009
Buffalo, NY
How is going to the home of the accussed, keeping to themselves and not looking for trouble?
Anybody would be pretty pissed off if somebody just hit you on purpose with their car. When somebody hit me and sped off, I could care less about the car, I wanted blood. But legally, that isn't the best idea. On the other hand, they were both delivery boys and the guy who ran them over orders pizza from that place often. So for all we know, he could have been there for pizza delivery.

I would think that if you run somebody over with your car (not hit them) you would have intent to kill them. I couldn't really imagine running somebody over with a car without intending to kill them.

Roice the betta

AC Members
Jul 11, 2010

ur have so good point

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store