I need to vent!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
First let me start this by saying, if I offend anyone, i sincerly am sorry. And, If this is to much of a hot topic, please feel free to delete, or lock this thread.

Tonight, I earned a disorderly conduct for the first time in my adult life.

I live in a very small town, there is maybe 300 people in it, and most of those people have known eachother since birth, and the families here, have been here since its been settled.

There is one main road in, and its the same road you take out. there are a few alleys, but they all dead end. the same as the main road, your only choice at anypoint, is to turn around and leave the same way you came in.

Now , I understand small town mentality, and I lived a very signifacant part of my teen years in this house with my grandmother, I had a paper route here, and babysat many of the younger kids in this town. I cooked candyapples for the holiday festivites, and have hung out with most of the families kids at some point.

Now that you have the background, i can tell my story...

There is one of the aformentioned alleys up on a hill behind my house, and all but one of the houses, is owned and rented out by the same guy. In one of the houses, lives a single 30 year old mother, who has two mixed race children. My children, being the same age, play with those two children often, and they adore them. Unfortunatly some of the other renters in the houses up in that alley, don't like them, because they are "black". ( they call them much worse, but I am sure you all get the idea.

Tonight, they threatened my kids, and called them n ----- lovers, and said they were going to kill my kids, and threatened to get a gun ...

My daughter is 9 and my son, is 6...the mother of the kids called me, and i had to drive up there, ( there were 5 drunk men, and 3 drunk women) to pick up my kids, I took a bat with me, and an old nasty man, jumped at my jeep, and swore at me, and threatened me, ..I got out of my car, and chased them with a bat.

They said alot of pretty nasty things, none of I will repeat here, ..But seriously, I can't believe people are still in that state of mind?.. Wth?..who threatens little kids, because they play with another little kid?..who cares what color they are, as long as they are having fun, and not bothering them?..

I am so angry. I didn;t hit anyone, but I almost wish I did.:(

Why should my kids live in fear because they are evolved enough to not be racist?..

Last edited:

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
That sucks, Judge. It's awefull to think that in this day and age people can still be as closed minded as your story illustrates. Sometimes all we can do I think is to teach our own kids the best we can and hope that the cavemen catch up to the rest of us eventually.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
So sorry to hear Jmax...that's an incredibly horrendous situation.
It is truely a bad situation. I probably didn't respond in the best way, However, as a woman, with two kids, I only have one thing to live for. its the reason I eat, breath, and struggle through my life. That one thing is my kids...and I was determined to let them know, that behavior like that, esp to my kids, is not nor will it ever be accepted.

That sucks, Judge. It's awefull to think that in this day and age people can still be as closed minded as your story illustrates. Sometimes all we can do I think is to teach our own kids the best we can and hope that the cavemen catch up to the rest of us eventually.
I agree...My kids have always been taught that we are all humans, everything else is incedental. Its hard, to try and figure out how to explain to my kids, why people behave that way. You can't just say they are stupid, even though, thats what I really feel, that they are ignorant.

If they don't like them because of thier race, thats their right, but its also my kids right, to like them, and play with them if they choose.

If I don't like someone, i just leave them alone...why hurt other people because they do llike them.

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I assume that since you say you got a disorderly conduct (ticket?) that the police were involved? what did they do about the threats?

Racism is alive and well in the US, it's not just in small towns like yours. It's truly sad.

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
I assume that since you say you got a disorderly conduct (ticket?) that the police were involved? what did they do about the threats?

Racism is alive and well in the US, it's not just in small towns like yours. It's truly sad.

Yes, the other mother called the police, and they people i chased with a bat, suddenly needed help, so they called as well.

Two of them are getting disorderly conduct as well. We all have to apear infront of a judge. and I intend to make it obvious, that I will not tolerate anyone threatening my children.

It was horrible, The men actually tried to surround me, and were calling me many names, and saying some pretty disturbing things. I am pretty tough, and, made it obvious, that they were not getting within "bats reach of me" . My kids are pretty upset, ..I actually had to hold the people at bay witha bat, whhile the kids ran to a house. they were saying they would rip my kids out of the car, if I didnt get out. I dont think, they expected me to get out armed...

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Wow...those people realize it's 2010 right?

judgemax

I once was lost...
Feb 18, 2005
bellefonte PA
Real Name
Julie Probst
Wow...those people realize it's 2010 right?

I thought the same thing. it was one of those "this only happens in the movies" scenes. I am still shaking, ...my anger gets the better of me, and sometimes I act before i think, ..

wasn't the best situation to put myself in, however, i had to get my kids out of that situation somehow. As I think about it..It was crazy..what men surround a woman, and threaten kids...jeez..im not so bright..

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
wow. that's all i can say.

i live in a very diverse multicultural city up here in Canada and i would hope to never witness a situation like that.

i'm glad that you will have your day in court to speak about this atrocity to the judge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store