Start of my First Shrimp Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

halofishboy

AC Members
Jul 21, 2007
Let's just say I was big by the shrimp bug.
Just set up last Friday is my new 20g.
That little light is the only thing I had on hand.

So I took out the Gold fish and added in some guppies. There are a couple pond snails and otos in there too now. I also put in another sponge which is a lot bigger. Two pieces of driftwood were added also along with some moss and hornwort. There's some riccia and duckweed too.

Day... someday... haha
I decided to take out the hornwort because it was dropping leaves everywhere and just drove me crazy. Also I took out the guppies and added some sort of anubis in there.

Today I bought some Manzanita today. I tied one of the anubis to the branch and thought it would look nice there.

Pic of the Manzanita up close

Pic of the other side

The manzanita was taken later because of issues with the driftwood. Its currently being soaked and will be put back in 2 weeks.

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
if its a shrimp tank why the fish and sparse vegetation? doesnt look bad tho.

halofishboy

AC Members
Jul 21, 2007
I started the cycle with some goldfish. Then I switched to Guppies which i later took out. There are otos in there and that's going to be all the fish. Like I said its only getting started. This is my first planted tank and I don't exactly have all the stuff I need on hand.

Thanks for looking though!

halofishboy

AC Members
Jul 21, 2007
I totally forgot about this thread and well I think its time for an update and a bunch of random other pictures i have.

New 40g Rimless that I can hopefully have up and running by the end of the week.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store