How many of you have visited a Public Aquarium? and more...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

If Yes, How many have you Visited?

• I have been to an Aquarium

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I have been to 2-3 Aquariums

Votes: 21 39.6%
  • I have been to 4+ Aquariums

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • I have never been to an Aquarium but I have visited Zoos to see the Aquarium exhibits..

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have visited so many Aquariums and Zoos I can hardly keep track...

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I have not been to an Aquarium or Zoo with Aquarium.

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Polish

You like Dags?
May 18, 2008
FW-IN-USA
If you answered yes, what was your favorite exhibit and why?

Amazon exhibit featuring fish like Arapaima Gigas, Arowana, Peacock Bass, Piranha, FW Rays, Large SA Catfish, and other Cichlids etc..

African Exhibit with a wide array of African cichlids and Catfish...

Ocean exhibit with Sharks and Rays?

Native Exhibit featuring Large-mouth Bass, Walleye, Bluegill, Catfish, Turtles etc.

or name any others.

Would it interest you if an Aquarium also kept Reptiles that you could view, feed, and possibly handle?

Examples - Turtles, Tortoises, Geckos, Lizards, Snakes, etc...

I am asking just for my own personal research, any information you can share about your Aquarium experiences would be great. If there is something you'd like to see that isn't currently offered near you, mention it too.

Thanks

- Yes, I have the same thread on MFK. There are some people who are on one or the other but not both.

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
could the native tanks at places like cabelas and bass pro shops count too? i always spend half an hours atleast watching the fish in their tanks haha but i have visited columbus zoo a few times for the aquarium and reptile house mainly. favorite has to be natives tanks and tanks that focus on bottom dwellers and cats.

Polish

You like Dags?
May 18, 2008
FW-IN-USA
I've been to aquariums and zoos all over the nation...
Thanks for sharing.

could the native tanks at places like cabelas and bass pro shops count too? i always spend half an hours atleast watching the fish in their tanks haha but i have visited columbus zoo a few times for the aquarium and reptile house mainly. favorite has to be natives tanks and tanks that focus on bottom dwellers and cats.
Sure, those count as well. They are Native fish displays. I appreciate your input.

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
I love the freshwater native species exhibits, and the freshwater non-native exhibits. I have been to MANY zoos and aquaria.

FishVixen

DIY Addict
Jun 30, 2010
Richmond Va
My 1st was the Shed Aquarium in 1962 (Chicago). At 5 years old I was in awe. Since then I have been to many all over the world. I'm still impressed by Baltimore Md. The top floor walk through tropical forest is great. Haven't been there in years but I can still see it. Not an aquarium but a restaurant in Bangkok Thailand, Outside tables that are surrounded with waterways filled with beautiful koi. Little bridges all over the ground and canals running throughout.

Polish

You like Dags?
May 18, 2008
FW-IN-USA
Thanks for all the votes and comments so far. I really appreciate it.

Anything you'd like to share in regards to the subject is welcome.

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
I'd have to say the tropical exhibit at the Baltimore aquarium and the Amazon exhibit at the national zoo both are great setups and like FishVixen it doesn't matter how long its been I'll always remember that

RMorrow

nigrofasciata
May 26, 2010
The Chatanooga Aquarium is great. Huge freshwater displays and a large turtle section. Well worth the trip.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store