reptiles in brackish water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jarod187

AC Members
Jul 11, 2010
I have a 150 gal paludarium with a turtle, chinese water dragon and a few guppies. i have been really wanting to make my water brackish so i can house cooler fish. is there any way i can house my turtle and chinese water dragon with the brackish water. could i have a small area of freshwater that the turtle and lizard could wash off in or would this be a bad idea. i was also thinking about maybe making the water a little salty but not quite brackish because i know that most brackish water fish can live in freshwater. please let me know if this is a good idea or not. Thanks

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
you could look into fresh water puffers, they are awesome! Don't know if they would work with your set-up tho. There really is a ton of cool fish that aren't salt water out there....

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Yeah, none of those things should really be kept in brackish water, but in the future if you do go that route, diamondback terrapins can be kept in bw, so that might be something to consider.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
what about salt water gators? they are brackish I think....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store