new 75 gallon with river tank manifold

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

loachguy

AC Members
Mar 25, 2009
Hewitt, TX
wacowebdesigns.com
I just got a new 75 gallon and wanted to use a river tank manifold. I am not keeping hillstream loaches, so not using really powerful pumps. I will have Serpenticobitis octozona, Schistura mahnerti and others like them in this tank.

Also, on the background, I am using window film. On my 125 gallon tank one side was facing a door way and every time someone came in the door it would frighten the fish. So I put window film on one end and it worked great. And, it was easy to put on. Been about a month and still looks very good. You can see into the tank a little when the fish tank lights are on but they can not see out at all. I used Privacy Black Gila Window Film. Costs less than $16.00. All different colors and types to try.

I have been using the Koralia for fast water movement, but do not like them for sand. I am going to be using Tahitian Moon black sand on top of Eco-complete. I like real plants in my tanks. So, I will be using two Maxi-Jet 1200s.

I will also have a Rena XP3 hooked up on this 75. Along with a Aqueon 55 and hang it off the back of the tank.

The river tank manifold is make of 3/4" PVC. I did not use any glue.

Here are some pictures.

loachguy

AC Members
Mar 25, 2009
Hewitt, TX
wacowebdesigns.com
nice. really nice. are you gonna put those powerheads on timers?
No, they stay on all the time. Most of the fish that will be in the tank like the fast current.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store