crayfish ?????'s

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AC Members
Jun 2, 2010
im thinking about keeping a crayfish what fish can they live with what o they eat and how do i keep one

Wycco

Eat more pine trees
Apr 19, 2009
34^N 81^W
Real Name
Kim Jong Il
Depends entirely on what you plan to keep.

Dwarf ones you can keep with anything that won't eat them... dietary requirements about the same as a dwarf shrimp... although if you want them to colour nicer- veggie based foods supposedly are better than meat based.

I've never kept the larger ones because any small fish is likely to be attacked at night and it would be bye bye snails and shrimp. Any large or aggresive fish could potentially be a threat to any cray when it moults and is vulnerable.

Best to know what kind of cray you want. Do you want a big one? Do you want to keep other critters with them?

Do you plan to keep plants- some are more destructive than others... again dwarf ones are safe with plants.

Kerry121774

AC Members
Mar 2, 2010
RI
Just my two cents: I have Dwarf Orange Cray's (CPO's) in my heavily planted community tank and all is well plus I love the color!

I have self cloning crays in my sons planted 10 gallon and they "snipped" the moss off the **** coconut that he's had for SEVERAL MONTHS! Plus in another tank that I have the self cloning crays two fish mysteriously disappeared??? Hmmmmm...... Currently there are no more fish in that tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store