Ventilation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
So I'm working on a very large dragon sculpture in my studio. Right now I'm working with some construction adhesive that is giving me dizzy spells. The room has a sliding glass door that I open up (despite the heat) and place a fan in front of. The fan is pointing outwards to push the air outside. I'm still getting dizzy spells after working with the adhesive. I think it's because my face is rather close to the work area. How can I better ventilate so I don't end up killing myself?

coach_z

AC Members
Jan 12, 2009
NJ - Northern
Real Name
Chris
instead of removing the fumes from the room, try removing them from the place that you are breathing....which can be difficult because if you put the fan towards the adhesive it will cure faster.
a few suggestions:
1 work outside
2 breathe through a snorkel
3 put the fan closer to you to geht the fumes out of your immediate area
4 buy a really expensive respirator

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
umm gass mask? i know what you mean though i did a stint where we had to make furniture out of foam and resin in an enclosed space that was plasticed off so no dust got in we did gass masks and not the wimpy one's you get at home depo full on face masks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store