scam E-mail....high-larious

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

unvmyplecos

without sorrow happiness is nothing
Jun 26, 2008
NY
i recieved this e-mail today. found it freakin hysterical, considering i don't have a single bank account.:rofl: His/Her fail was so epic that it overflowed fails integer into succes.
From mercy komo
Calling For Help,

Hope this mail meets you well, please permit me to introduce my self to you, my name is mercy komo, I am 19 years old, the only daughter of Late Mr. David Komo who was a famous cocoa merchant based here in Abidjan , the Economic capital of Ivory Coast ( Cote D'ivoire). I am seeking for your assistance to help me transfer the sum of ( $10,500,000.00 ) Ten Million Five hundred Thousand United State of American Dollars that I inherited from my late father to your bank account .

I am willing to offer you 15% of the total fund as a mode of compensation after the transfer for your time and effort. All the necessary documents concerning this fund is intact. please get back to me as soon as possible for more details concerning this fund and I will equally send you my photos so that you will see and know whom I am.

If you agree on this propsal and ready to assist me please indicate by furnising me with your phone and fax numbers including your full address and photo to enable easy communication between me and you. Waiting for your cooperation.

Yours Faithfully,
mercy komo

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Fail... I just hope it didn't come with a virus attached!

Weather Loach

Eating all the Snails in your tank!
Sep 1, 2009
California
wowww...

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
It IS funny, unfortunately lots of people (mostly desperate people with low levels of computer literacy) fall prey to Nigerian scams, such as these. It's basically just one kind of advanced fee fraud...there are many. Not just email based but also on Craigslist, etc.

The problem is that some people don't yet realize that Spam is impersonal - especially if the email gets past the Spam filter (they may never know to check or empty their Spam folders). Gmail has a great spam filter, newbie emails like Hotmail and Yahoo...not so much. These people open it up and are genuinely intrigued. I can't tell you how many people at the library I work at ask to use the fax machine after getting an email from the "international lotto commission" saying they are winners. This was especially popular just a few years ago.

So while it is funny ;)...try to remember that there are people who's lives have been ruined by that very same hilarious email.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I have gotten an email like that except it was from the United States Federal Department of Terrorist Prevention. lol

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
At a bank I'm familiar with, people come in all the time because they fall for stuff like that....

KevG

AC Members
Jul 8, 2010
Mtl.Qc.Ca
I feel bad for those that get scammed but the old expression fits;
Whatever sounds to good to be true, IS!

rwilliams254

AC Members
May 16, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Barnum was right.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
copied, edited with my name (or my alias ;)), and sent to everyone in my mom's inbox. hope it all works out... :rofl:

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
The problem with these scam emails, is that it ruins it for those folks legitimately trying to smuggle their fortunes out of their country. They're the real victims here.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store