Cry or puke

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
I went up north to my cabin for the weekend and had my sister, her boyfriend and her daughter watch my house.
Most of you know "piggy"(for those of you who dont, he's a 27" Giant gourami), well piggy doesnt like ppl getting to close or putting their fingers on the tank. When people put their fingers on the tank he tries to bite at it. Sometimes i tease him for just a sec with my finger but ONLY a second.
Well it seems somebody stood in front of the tank and pissed piggy off to the point of biting the front panel of my 240gal(that took me 2 weeks to sand/polish before setting up). Now theres huge scratches in the front panel of my 240g(which is acrylic).:22_yikes:
Sooooo, should i:cry: or:barf:eek:r both ? I know i can sand them out but:swear: its alot of work, you cant just sand the scratches without sanding the whole panel or you'll have uneven results.:swear::swear:

hybridspore

AC Members
Jul 17, 2010
wow I had no idea gourmaes got that big what is Piggy's species? and dude that does sux but I kind of sort of know your pain with relatives... I had a cousin of mine fish out two of my spotted puffers out of the tank...... If you've ever had puffer fish you know what that does... INSTANT DEATH<<< they bloated up like balloons and suffocated to death....those **** things cost me 20 a pop and only had them for half a year so yeah...suxd

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
cry-drink-puke repeat, I think is the approved method..

sometimes I skip the first step, and just jump right to #2...
lol,Zig. Thanks bro, made me laugh when i feel like crying.

hybridspore

AC Members
Jul 17, 2010
wow thanks dude I learn cool stuff everyday on this site those things look pretty tight.. have you tried getting him a tank mate?

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
wow, that really stinks... have you tried to make the relative do the sanding for you?

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
when i read the title and the first sentence or two of this thread i thought something bad had happened to Piggy! good to hear he just got a 'tad' irate instead.

i wouldn't have the person that caused Piggy to scratch the tank do the tank buffing. If they couldn't see that the fish was causing damage then i wouldn't allow them near the tank at all!

piggy67

AC Members
Apr 24, 2008
Battle Creek, Mich.
Real Name
Dion
wow, that really stinks... have you tried to make the relative do the sanding for you?
No, its was a "sorry, i didnt know he had teeth"," I didnt know he did that", "I didnt see no scratches". WTF!!!!, I look at this tank every day(did they think i wouldnt notice), I clean this tank every week. I try my best to keep it looking as clean and clear as i can. My sister knows how anal i am about ALL my tanks, especially the 240 and "Sorry, i didnt know" was all i got. I'm not mad at them and really, what could they say but "sorry", soooooo i'll suck it up and start working on it tomorrow cause i hate looking at my tank with all those scratches.:rant2:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store