SAE or CAE?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OneJun

AC Members
Jun 15, 2010
Long Beach
I have a tank that has 2 CAES i think.Can SAE be milky white or is that a CAE?I heard once Chinese algae eaters get bigger, they become more agressive. i bought mine when they where 1 1/2 inch and now their 3-4 inch. I never seen them attack any other fish and they sometimes chase each other.

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Here's a pic of my 5" SAE. When I had 2 (1 recently met his maker), they would chase each other all over the tank. They never bothered the other fish, and there are many in the tank !! Don't have a pic of a CAE, too aggressive, especially at that size ! Good luck.

OneJun

AC Members
Jun 15, 2010
Long Beach
Ty for the info and pic. Im sure dat its a CAE now. I heard that some CAE wouldnt be aggressive or sometimes ignore the other fish?

ianab

AC Members
Sep 19, 2009
New Zealand
CAEs are generally peaceful when small. But they get BIG and can get aggressive. As they can grow to 10" they can get quite nasty and attack smaller tank mates.

There are albino and white versions as well.

Ian

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
They Poo SO MUCH. I have one in my cycling tank (which has very white sand as substrate and i have to vacum everyday :|

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store