Mafia #75... Assassins in the Palace - The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily

Life in the Kingdom of Elodea was good, and had been so for quite some time. The King was wise and fair, and greatly respected by all throughout the land.

That respect, however, did not extend beyond the borders of Elodea. Rulers in neighboring lands despised the King of Elodea, and envied the prosperity that his rule brought to the Kingdom.

Early during his reign, the Elodean King's army was frequently tested in battle by the neighboring Kings and their armies. Under the direction of their wise King, however, the Elodean army routed the enemy forces every time.

Battles became so one-sided that the neighboring Kings eventually abandoned the idea of invading Elodea. To defeat the Elodean King, a more covert method would have to be used….

---------------​

The Elodean King was deep in thought one afternoon when Gouramus, the head of the Royal Guard, burst into the throne room.

"Sire, there are reports that an assassin has entered the palace, and is intent on killing you," Gouramus hastily announced.

The startled King was at a loss for words as Gouramus handed him a Royal Guard uniform.

"Put this uniform on to disguise yourself. In order to better protect you, we will go and barricade ourselves in the Armory, with other members of the Royal Guard," explained Gouramus.

The royal robes were quickly replaced with the Royal Guard uniform, and the King and Gouramus then wound their way through the long maze of hallways within the palace. Along the way to the Armory, Gouramus stopped at seven various check points and instructed the Royal Guard on duty to accompany he and the King to the Armory.

Upon arrival in the Armory, the door was securely barricaded. Gouramus visually scanned the room, and began to mentally devise the best plan for the eight guards to defend the King. A quick head count by Gouramus, however, yielded nine guards. Apparently someone had entered the Armory unnoticed and uninvited.

Gazing at the faces of those dressed as guards, Gouramus noticed one that he had never seen before. Alarmed, Gouramus shouted, "Guards! There is an imposter in our midst!"

Before he could raise his arm to point out the imposter, though, a glint of silver sailed cleanly through the air, and a throwing knife accurately found Gouramus' throat. Blood spurted, and the head of the Royal Guard fell dead.

Realizing that the assassin was locked in the Armory with them, all grabbed their weapons and looked around. Except for the thrower of the knife, however, nobody knew where the knife had come from.

The King, still in his guard uniform, studied the faces in the room. As the palace was so large, and the number of guards needed to protect it so great, the King was not familiar with any of the others locked in the Armory.

Fortunately, all of the true Royal Guards were familiar with the King, and knew who needed to be protected at all cost. On the downside, once again due to the immense size of the palace, none of the guards were familiar with each other. Yet, somehow they had to find a way to work together to root out the assassin.

The assassin had no easy task before them when it came to killing the King. Having come from outside of Elodea, being unfamiliar with the King's appearance, the assassin had planned to identify the King based solely on the royal robes and crown. With the King also dressed in a guard's uniform, the assassin had no idea which one was the King.

As they would likely have only one chance to make the kill, the assassin would need to pay close attention to identify the King before making a move.

SETUP

There are 7 guards, 1 king and 1 assassin. The assassin wins if the king is eliminated, whether or not the assassin still lives. The king and the guards win if the assassin is eliminated and the king still lives. The guards know the identity of the king, but not each other. The king and the assassin have no further information. Please note that this is a nightless setup.

ROLE PMs

Quote:
Guard- 7 players received the following PM:

You are a member of the Royal Guard. Your job is to protect the King, who is Player A. Your job is made somewhat more difficult by the fact that an assassin is trying to kill the King. You will need to guard the king's identity carefully, for if the assassin discovers it, the king will surely be dead.

You win if the assassin is eliminated and the King remains alive.
Quote:
King- 1 player received the following PM:

You are the King. Your job is to stay alive. Your job is made somewhat more difficult by the fact that an assassin is trying to kill you. Fortunately, your Royal Guards are set on protecting you. Unfortunately, you don't know who they are. Even though the Royal Guards know who you are, you will need to guard your identity carefully, for if the assassin finds out, you will surely be dead.

You win if the assassin is eliminated and you remain alive.
Quote:
Assassin- 1 player received the following PM:

You are the Assassin. Your job is to kill the King. Your job is made somewhat more difficult by the fact that you don't know who the King is. You have only ONE kill that you can use for the entire game.

If you are lynched, you get to kill one target. Upon your lynch scene, the thread will be locked, and you will have up to 24 hours to review the thread and choose your target. PM your target to me when you are ready to use your kill.

You win once the King is dead, even if you are no longer alive.

RULES

GENERAL

1. All game mod decisions are final. If you disagree with something, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM me.

2. You may not quote your role PM to prove your innocence.

3. No editing of posts!

4. Special mod powers may not be used by any players possessing site modding privileges!

5. No discussing this game outside of the thread, even if you are dead.

6. Once you're dead, please do not post in the thread.

7. It's just a game. Please, no personal attacks on other players.

- If any player feels they are being personally attacked, please PM me and we can try to resolve the situation.
- Any player who says that they are quitting the game will be killed immediately, and their role revealed.

VOTING

1. To vote to lynch a player, you must say 'I vote to lynch so-and-so,' and BOLD your vote. Votes that are not bolded will NOT be counted.

2. To change your vote, a retraction in bold would be greatly appreciated. In the absence of a retraction, the new vote will still count, but as stated previoiusly, A RETRACTION IN BOLD WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

3. This game will be different, in that a player will need to receive a MAJORITY of the votes in order to be lynched.

4. It is not the plan to deadline lynch cycles in this game. Any player will be lynched upon receiving a majority of votes.

- To keep the game moving, if it takes longer than 48 hours between lynch cycles, a deadline will be imposed. If at the time of the deadline, no player receives a majority of the votes, the player with the most votes will be lynched. Any tie vote will result in a coin flip, and the loser will be lynched.

UNTIMELY DEATHS

1. As players will need to receive a majority of votes in order to be lynched, and lynch cycles will likely not be deadlined, some players may not vote during a given lynch cycle. This will NOT result in an UNTIMELY DEATH (UD).

2. Any player with 48 hours or more between posts will die an untimely death.

DAY AND TWILIGHT

1. During the Day phase, players will discuss and vote until a player has been lynched.

2. Once the vote required to reach a majority has been cast, that person is dead. Unvoting will not undo the lynch.

3. Please note that this is a nightless setup. There is a Twilight Phase. Players are still allowed to discuss, but votes will be ignored. The Twilight phase has an indeterminate length of time, as it is simply the length of time between the actual lynching vote, and the death scene. Please note that any votes, lynches, self-revelations and other shenanigans in Twilight are NOT OFFICIAL UNLESS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY THE MOD.

-----------------------------------

A couple of notes

1. As mentioned, in this game it will take a majority of the votes to lynch a person. Once someone receives the majority, they are dead, and retractions will not matter. Keep in mind that while this is a nightless setup, I will still run a death scene for each lynch... Folks can still discuss during twilight while waiting for the lynch scene, but as stated in the rules, any votes, self-revelations, etc. will not count unless confirmed by me.

2. Due to the nature of voting in this game, not everyone will necessarily vote during each lynch period. Anyone with 48 hours or more between posts will die an untimely death (UD).

3. Keep in mind that unless they UD, the assassin WILL get to use their kill. The assassin can use their kill at any time by PMing me with their target. Even immediately after their lynch they may use the kill, in their dying-breath attempt to kill the king. The assassin does NOT need to remain alive in order to win the game.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
List of Players:

Lab_Rat
Rich311k
Taysius
Chill
Lady G
Fishfriend1
user_name
dirtydawg10
RazzleFish

With 9 alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Game on.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Sir. Palmer wonders how he managed to be in the same room as the king AND the assassin despite the palace being so massive... the assassin must be either very smart or very lucky, he thinks. He then prays that he can save the king and live to fight another day.

WOOT WOOT! Game on!

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Hey Sir Palmer are they black footy pajamas or are you a ninja assassin?
Hey, i just got out of bed! This was supposed to be my week off...

Ok I am here, where is that beer we were talking about?
In the beer cellar, we can't reach it...

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello hello

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
lmao! My computer cuts off the rest of the work assassin from the second S onward... computer fail...

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
lmao! My computer cuts off the rest of the work assassin from the second S onward... computer fail...
thats supposed to be A not S... fail...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store