FOr Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Newport News people

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice store...used to visit there all the time. At one time they had the best selection of hand raised birds and a massive SW section.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
Well how much is reasonable? Do tell..more info.

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
i will be vacationing at VA Beach in a month, where is this awesome store located to the beach.

Death Pony

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
Fredericksburg and Newport News, VA
They're $2.00 a piece from what I remember. They used to have a Brachyplatystoma platynemum for $150, but it's not there anymore. They also have some of the prehistoric monster fish for $70 (dropped the price considerably), Anableps, a large variety of plecos, and apparently some giant galaxias (didn't see them last week).

They still have a large hand-raised bird section. It's really difficult to leave when you have 5 birds playing with your shoe laces. Their marine section is pretty impressive, had a blue ring octopus at one point. They're starting to offer more fish and inverts for nano tank enthusiasts, both fresh and salt.

Here's there location on Google maps;
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ocal_result&ct=image&resnum=2&ved=0CCUQnwIwAQ

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
I was just in this store two weeks ago and to be honest I wasn't impressed with their freshwater selection, their saltwater section is however AMAZING. They offered no shrimp and very few dwarf cichlids. Not to mention I wasn't fond of the small enclosures they kept their water monitor in as well as a large cat species that they had in a small little room.

James0816

AC Members
Feb 14, 2007
hmmmm.....zebra's for $2???? man i would have to seriously doubt that one. i would be completely and totally surprised. WoW is all i can say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store