finally- annual obx trip!!!!! :D

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
heading down to my husband's family's house in hatteras village this weekend for a week of off-the-grid living in heaven.... my MIL asked me if i want her to pack one of her saltwater rods for me to use during the course of the week, and i don't know. the rod i used last year was her eight-foot long rod of unknown make and such.... it worked okay, but it was awkward for me to use cuz i'm really short and don't have great arm strength.... my own rod is a 6'6" medium-heavy shakespeare ugli stick, and i love it- but i don't know if it'd be strong enough to use on the pier in avon. i didn't catch anything really big there last year, but i saw lots of people bringing in big guys, and i'm afraid that i might end up hooking something my rod can't handle. and while i still don't know much about surf fishing, i'm pretty darn sure my rod wouldn't serve well for that purpose. so, should i leave my rod at home and use hers and just figure out how to cast that long thing with my weak arms, or stick with my rod and pray it takes whatever the atlantic throws at it? (of course, my real preferred solution would be to go buy my own saltwater rod of my own choosing that i'm comfortable with, but my husband ain't having none of that lmao)

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
I have a 7'6" Ugly Stick with an Abu Garcia 6500 on it that I use for trout fishing around the Galveston Bay area. On it I've landed jack cravelle up to 35 pounds and red drum up to 40 lbs. The Ugly Stick can take the strain of bigger fish.

Mark

deeleywoman

All men are equal before fish.
Mar 9, 2009
Newport News, VA
www.etsy.com
that was my thought, but if i know my MIL, she'll give me a load of crap about how impractical that is >_<

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store