A couple BW questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

thepandafactor

AC Members
Jul 31, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I used to live in an estuary so I have seen a lot of the BW species in real life. There were fiddler crabs, (Uca minax), blue crabs, some kind of horseshoe crabs, various types of rays, etc. I was wondering if these could be kept in captivity in a brackish aquarium or would it need too much room? Fiddler crabs I remember needed the tides to feed and burrow so wouldn't that be necessary to reproduce in brackish water?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Fiddlers are definitely a species you could keep in a "smaller" aquarium. If I remember correctly some have bred them in captivity but it isn't very common. You would want to look into that more though before taking my word on it ;)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
fiddlers are probobly the only thing you mentioned that you could get relistically in a fish tank. You could always make a paludarium (part land part water) and get red claw crabs along with fish and maybe mudskippers. It would definitely be a cool tank....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store