What is this?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Saw this catfish at a lfs yesterday and I cant really say I've seen one before but I like it, any ideas or information?

photo.JPG

Last edited:

ravenpb226

AC Members
May 10, 2010
North Beach, MD
Real Name
Allen
Not the spots, the fish itself. i dont plan on getting that one or any from that lfs for a little...

R.A.W.

AC Members
Mar 6, 2010
Deepwater, Missouri
Kalen, I've never seen a lace catfish that colour ... or in that shape. Maybe it's just so sick that it looks weird. Those that I have seen looked somewhat similar to corydoras.

Your best bet ravenpb226 is to ask the lfs. Most of the time they at least have it written in inventory so they know what they need to reorder when they run out.

Good luck.

drgnfrc13

AC Members
Jun 22, 2010
Kentucky
Well it's definitely a Syno... If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a S. euptera hybrid (I've seen a few that look very similar to this one), but I don't know for sure. It doesn't look like S. nigrita to me, the body and head shape are a little off for it to be S. nigrita (although it's hard to tell from an unhealthy fish).

Last edited:

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
definitely a syno. Couldn't get more specific than that, sorry!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Synodontis ocellifer in really bad shape.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store