Surprise, surprise ! Can you guess what they are ?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Well, got home from a 1 week vacation Saturday. Looking closely at the tank Sunday night, I think I see something move in a far, rear corner of the tank, under some pleco cave condos. So I get my flashlight and my cheater (reading) glasses, and lo and behold, 4 or 5 little ones, about 1/2" long each. Can you guess what they are ? I have my suspicions, but I'll see what you think ! And apologies for the picture quality; I had to hold the flashlight just right and snap the pic !!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
Well, here's the story. I DO have sewellia lineolata in the tank. I also have otocinclus cocama, or zebra otto. The zebras were my first guess, based on the pattern and colors on the tail. But I can also see sewellia in them. These are more elongated than my previous sewellia spawn, which were wider up front. Here's a pic of an adult zebra otto. Please tell me what you think.

bunnyhunter42

AC Members
Nov 27, 2009
Huntington WV
Real Name
Ryan
idk nut i now want zebras and whatever that cross is!

vanillarum

AC Members
Jan 4, 2008
Mass.
If it's sewellias, yes, you can have sewellia prizes. I still think they are the zebra cocama. I had sewellia fry previously, and if I remember correctly (and due to severe CRS I seldom do), these are different. So we may just have to wait and see !!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
sewellia. pretty cool either way.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Hard to tell from the pics, need at least one on the glass to see the underside to say for sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store