breeding apistogramma aggassizi

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
hi
any body got tips on breeding these fish i have a pair aggazzi
temp 28c
ph 6.5
ammonia 0.0
nitrite 0.0
nitrate 0.5
she flirts with him and he does with her now and then but he will swim off and most of the time no intrested ,shes been in and out of a cave cleaning it ready any tip wouls be gratefull, ive looked on websites but they seem to give the same ways to do stuff which ive done but nothing, i ffed em frozen /live blood worm flake and other frozen foods

100_2297.jpg 100_2295.jpg

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
they do and dont from what ive read about em like. ive just done a large water change and turned the temp up to 28 lets see if that helps

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
they dont' need a harem. That is to disperse aggression. For mine, I feed live until the female is well plump then do a larger warm water change, about 79 degrees. What do you have available for caves? it could be its large enough for the female, but not hospitable to the male. I like coconut huts.

bangme33

AC Members
Aug 24, 2008
hi i have cocnut halves quite a a big opening 2/3 inch opening.but its only them in the tank along with 6 pencil fish, which is the best food i give them a mix of eityher live or frozen blodworm. dry high quality flake(tetra min crisps) and other live foods eg daphina and glass worms

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store