Converting to a planted tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SafaditM3

Encouragement..Yes!
Aug 4, 2010
New York, NY
www.punchedinthepodcast.com
Real Name
Chris
Hi there guys I'm wondering what kind of plants would be great for an Asiian style tank it's a 20H. I would like to get rid of the fake plants and maybe add some manzanita and stones. I recently ordered a 48w Aquaticlife T5 dual output light fixture for fw, Redsea CO2 indicator, a pack of Nano glass CO2 diffusers, CO2 tubing, Bubble counter, and a pack of check valves (Planning to do DIY CO2 unless it becomes necessary to go pressurized). I have about 3 inches of CaribSea Tahitian moon substrate for fw. The inhabitants of the tank will be 3 Dwarf Gouramis, 3 Endlers (a few Fries in the breeding net), 1 Sailfin Pleco, ADF, 2 FW Zebra snails, and 8 Golden clams. Please tell me if there is anything wrong with the setup I have planned and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
I think it's usually

Less than 2 is low light, 2-3 is medium, and 4+ is high light, but it all varies as Jpappy said by what type of lighting you have.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
That should be more than enough for most plants.

I'd be worried about getting a sailfin...they get BIG. And they can uproot plants accidentally. Get something smaller and more plant friendly...a BN (ancistrus spp.) or a pittbull/reubberlip would be more appropriate.

Also, 3 DG's in a 20H is pushing it IMO.

You'll likely also need to be dosing ferts. Look into the EI method (dry ferts).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store