New Plants!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

adeire

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Norfolk, VA, USA
I got a bunch (wow, too many for a 10g, but, :evil_lol:) of actual, real, live plants this week, so I could finally get rid of ALL the fake plants in my Betta tank. :woot:

Here's the old look, very busy for Betta peace of mind...
all four in 10g.JPG

And here's the redo - the cave and the floating log are the only fakes. Once the plants fill in it should be as busy as before...
new plants 10 gal.jpg

This shows the color of the water better...
new plants 10 gal 2.jpg

:headbang2:

all four in 10g.JPG new plants 10 gal.jpg new plants 10 gal 2.jpg

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
:thm: looks great!! IMO that's not too many plants, I'm sure your girls love it!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Very nice!

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
The replant looks really nice. Actually, the original one did. too. Good tankscaping, either way!

MoonstruckMuse

AC Members
Mar 4, 2007
Very very nice! I love how the onion plant and the anacharis (I think?) stems bend over at the top to create this lovely, draping, soft quality about the tank.
Extremely pretty and well done. Your betta must be thrilled!

adeire

AC Members
Jul 25, 2010
Norfolk, VA, USA
Thanks!!! :grinyes: I love the new look!

I think I've got Vals, Wisteria, and Anacharis on the surface. Two foot tall Vals in a one foot tall tank. :) I really don't know what they all are - they came jumbled together, so I just guessed in planting. :huh: They're supposedly all low-light, and the price was lovely.

Ha, actually it's my shrimp that are thrilled, b/c they got all the extra little bits and pieces! It's all hodge-podge and looks like a mess, but my golly they've been sooooo excited. :dance: The Betta girls seem happy enough, but there's more open space now, which makes it harder for them to have their own "room", so to speak. They'll settle down as soon as they figure out their new territories. I'm hoping that the moss in the middle of the driftwood can be coaxed to grow upward...

It's only too many plants b/c I ran out of spaces to physically plant them. :grinno: But I hope they'll fill in some, you know, prosper and multiply and all that...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store