A unique fishing experience

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pooshybear

AC Members
Jun 11, 2009
I went fishing with the old man today, but instead tried something I never bothered doing before. We tried to catch the smallest fish as possible, using itty bitty teeny tiny hooks and some soft plastic trout worms. I found it to be MUCH more challenging than fishing for lunkers, and even more rewarding. I believe today I caught my smallest fish ever on a rod and reel.

Currently I am QT-ing my catch :p

Pictures!

largemouth bass @ 2 1/2"
and I caught two 2 Inch sunfish

dirtydawg10

Severum Mafia Don
Sep 5, 2005
Connecticut
Hmmm...interesting idea. Not much of a fight though I would think.

I'm guessing that LMB doesn't meet your local length limits for keeping bass though. What size tank do you plan to keep it in? FYI you shouldn't release these back into local waters after being kept in a home aquarium just in case they pick something up from your tanks.

Pooshybear

AC Members
Jun 11, 2009
Interesting story time!

So I donated the bass I took home a few days ago, the lake people tagged the fish with a neon tag with my initials and phone number. I went fishing this morning, and guess who I caught? The same guy, I sat dumbfounded on my boat holding the tiny bass with my phone number on it. I brought him home again, noticing that he got pretty beat up. As of now I will be keeping him in my 20 gallon (with a small cray, which might become food later) He seems to be happy, eating worms readily. I want to get him in good health again before I return him so he at least has a chance when he goes back to the lake.

Pooshybear

AC Members
Jun 11, 2009
As of now, he is now 5 inches long and is on a diet mainly of red worms grown in a protein and vitamin enriched soil. I toss in a guppy or two as a treat, but worms seem to be fine. Once he gets to 6 inches or is wide enough I'll probably donate him to a native fish aquarium so he can live a prosperous life.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store