tr;ying to make a brack north american native themed tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

carpenter547

The Desert Punk
Aug 11, 2010
imperial valley
Real Name
now that would be telling
hi i live in the desert south west usa. i have never seen a swamp ever or a mangrove or estuary or salt marsh etc. i know alot out desert sand dunes washes gully's etc.

what search string should i use to find a back ground pic for my tank.

i am going to make a north american native brackish swampy set up.

so far that means a mangrove root big (real or fake root to be used)
and a little patio set up with some grass looking plants (fake) with dark stones to anchor them down.

my sand is light play sand and i would like to use a darkish colored mangrove or rooty fake thingy *yup i said thingy* with very vibrant green grass looking fakeplants.

this is the general gist of what i am trying to achieve however i would like it to look as real as possible which is where the background pic comes in. kinda looking for a real pic to model my set up after not just some ones tank to copy.

however i am failing to find any pics of this to use. So i was just wondering if any one had some search strings for me to use to google?

thanks for any and all advice.

ps any one who needs advice on seting up a desert theme for any thing i will gladly give advice on that topic and pics or real desert stuff.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
If you're doing mangroves, just search for pics of a mangrove swamp.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store