Trouble feeding red tail shark

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarkMag1k

Registered Member
Aug 25, 2010
Ive had a red tail shark for a week now and im having to force flake food to the bottom and watch closely to make sure he gets some because he will not come up to eat before the other fish have ate all the food. He has a healthy appetite, never stops looking for food, and seems to be adjusting to the new tank very well. Wondering if i should buy some food specially for him and if so what are some good brands and are there any foods to bring out his colors. Any advice would be appreciated.

67chevelle

Basset Hound
Jul 30, 2008
Any sinking food should be OK. What else is in the tank,and what size is it that no food sinks before it is all eaten? It is probably eating more than you think. I would not worry about it too much.

Check out here, kensfish.com

Try his soft and moist pellets with krill. The krill will help with color,and all your fish will love it.

blue2fyre

Blue Fish
Oct 7, 2008
Wisconsin
Real Name
Ashley
I agree try some sinking food. They will eat just about anything. You could drop in some zuchini too and he should take to that. If you are still worried try dropping some food in the tank after dark. Mine eats NLS, sinking wafers and fresh veggies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store