Trout!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Stopped at the Wild Rose Fish Hatchery and saw some beautiful Trout. Brook, Brown, Rainbow, etc.
Just three shots that I really liked, lol.

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Can you keep them in tanks??? They are very pretty!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Gorgeous trout!
They were! Wish I would have had more shots of the others similar to the ones above.
Can you keep them in tanks??? They are very pretty!
This is a very difficult task, which as been tried by few, and normally doesn't end well. They need very cold water, lots of current and oxygen. If the water isn't cold enough, they normally get infections. I'd still like to give it a try though, lol.

Quinn1928

AC Members
Feb 28, 2008
P.A M.D border
OOOO. I caught some big gorgeous rainbow trout in a lake called dot lake. I t had soooooooo many of them. Not all that big though, but a few were good sized.

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
Cool pics. I worked one summer at a hatchery that bred various trout species and tiger muskies.

If you want to keep trout you'll have to shell out some cash for a nice chiller.

CrimsonBlush

Attemping to post rather than lurk
Jun 15, 2008
Twin Cities
crimsonblush.deviantart.com
Real Name
Miah
Beautiful fish and shots!

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
OOOO. I caught some big gorgeous rainbow trout in a lake called dot lake. I t had soooooooo many of them. Not all that big though, but a few were good sized.
Should have sent them to me. :D lol
Cool pics. I worked one summer at a hatchery that bred various trout species and tiger muskies.

If you want to keep trout you'll have to shell out some cash for a nice chiller.
Yeah, that's the only downside is the chiller... Currently the lowest water temperature I can get in a tank is 68 degrees.
Beautiful fish and shots!
Thank you. :)

Hoyo12

AC Members
Mar 1, 2010
WI
Real Name
Brady
Great shots! They are pretty fish.
Thanks Rich! And they are. :)
May have just found a supplier about 10 min. away, so hopefully I'll have some luck in getting a single specimen or two.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store