Mafia 78- The Gunslinger Returns...The Play

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South

Once again the mafia has invaded ACville. In their attempt to run the town, the mafia has even gone so far as to rig the election for local sheriff. Fortunately, for the town, the newly elected sheriff's favors can't be bought. As usual, the town wants the mafia out...

SETUP

This is a nightless setup, meaning there are NO mafia night-kills.
15 players: 10 vanilla townies vs. 5 mafia goons.

GAME PLAY

• The mafia select a townie to serve as the first Gunslinger.
  • Members of the town discuss amongst themselves, and the Gunslinger picks someone to target by posting ‘Shoot So-and-so’ or similar.

• If their target is a mafia goon, the target dies and the Gunslinger keeps the gun.
  • If their target is a vanillia townie, the Gunslinger dies and the target becomes the new Gunslinger.
  • Repeat until all mafia are dead, or the mafia's numbers equal the non-gunslinging townies.
  • An investigation may be granted to any player, randomly. The gunslinger will not be granted an investigation. It is the player's decision on how to use/disclose the information granted from the investigation. Remember, a mafia goon may be the one granted the investigation rights. There may be more than one investigation in the game, though there will not be more than one investigation per nightfall.

ROLES

Vanilla Townie:

You are a vanilla townie. Your job is to identify the mafia members, and to try to help the Gunslinger accurately target them. Should you be targeted by the Gunslinger, that Gunslinger will die, and you will become the new Gunslinger.

You win when the mafia has been eliminated.

Mafia Goon:

You are a mafia goon. The mafia consists of Player A, Player B, Player C, and Player D. You can safely communicate in the thread linked below.

The game thread will not be posted until XX evening (mm/dd), however, I will need your choice for the first Gunslinger by XX EST tomorrow.

You win when the number of living mafia members equal or exceed the number of living townies, minus the Gunslinger.

RULES

GENERAL

1. All game mod decisions are final. If you disagree with something, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM me.

2. You may not quote your role PM to prove your innocence.

3. No editing of posts!

4. Special mod powers may not be used by any players possessing site modding privileges.

5. No discussing this game outside of the thread, even if you are dead, unless it is in the ghost chat provided by the mod. Dead scum will have the option of staying in scum chat OR joining ghost chat.

6. Once you're dead, please do not post in the thread.

7. It's just a game. Please, no personal attacks on other players.

- If any player feels they are being personally attacked, please PM me and we can try to resolve the situation.
- Any player who says that they are quitting the game will be killed immediately, and their role revealed.

Note from the mod: Please respect your fellow mafia players. Remember quality >>> quantity.

THE GUNSLINGER

1. The Gunslinger is always a known innocent, whose goal is to achieve a town victory.

2. To target/shoot another player, the Gunslinger must post ‘Shoot so-and-so’ and BOLD the statement. A targeting statement that is not bolded will NOT be counted.

3. Once a bolded statement targeting another player is posted in the thread, by the Gunslinger, the shot can NOT be taken back (ie, no retractions).

4. The Gunslinger will be given a deadline of 48 hours in which to take their shot. They may shoot earlier, if desired. If they fail to take a shot before the deadline passes, the Gunslinger will die, and the mafia will select another vanilla townie to act as Gunslinger for the town.

UNTIMELY DEATHS

Any player not posting for 48 hours will die an untimely death (UD).

WIN CONDITIONS

The vanilla townies win once all mafia goons have been eliminated.

The mafia wins when the number of living mafia members equals or exceeds the number of living townies, MINUS THE GUNSLINGER.

I will try and run nightfalls as quickly as possible after the gunslinger has shot. During the week I do not have computer access to the forum and I think the company I'm with has a force field around the building that blocks most cell signal. Don't be surprised if I can't run nightfall until I get home. Game discussion can continue in the twilight period.

The Wizard has been selected as the first gunslinger. Shot must be taken by 8 pm EST on Sunday (8/29) though it may be taken anytime before then.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Player List:
1. FF
2. Ice
3. Jpap
4. Haydn
5. Chill
6. Tay
7. Rich
8. JB
9. Salt
10. Pir
11. Kash
12. Wiz
13. Dag
14. LG
15. Jspigs​

Roles were assigned randomly via random number generator. Investigations will be assigned the same way.

Game on!

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
Hello hello!

Haydn24

Boo!
Jun 28, 2010
Australia
Real Name
Haydn
Woohoo, let's shoot these scum bags!!!

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
Aww shucks....I was hoping they'd risk me again.

Best advice I can give you Wiz is ask questions of the group as a whole ask for lists whenever you can and compare them continuously. Try to watch from the outside and don't get caught up in arguing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store