FS Riparium Island I Combination Pack - Madison, WI - shipping

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Almost everything you need to get started growing a few riparium plants...with discounted shipping!

Riparium Island I Combination Package

The Riparium Island I Combination Pack includes most of the items that you will need to plant a small riparium island area in your tank. This is a great way to get started with a few plants while planning a larger setup.

The package includes the new Nano Trellis Raft design, which functions very well as a midground plant support and is easy to hide in the planted riparium layout. The following picture shows a Small Hanging Planter with the Nano Trellis Raft attached, substrate and some rooted Bacopa stems. This is essentially 1/2 of the items in the package, except that it does not include any live plants.

The following list is a complete breakdown of everything in the Riparium Island I Combination Pack:

• 2 Small Hanging Planters
  • 2 Nano Trellis Rafts
  • 2 plant labels
  • 4 water-resistant rubber bands.
  • double-portion Riparium Planter Gravel
  • double-portion clay pebbles substrate
  • detailed instruction sheet
You can use the Nano Trellis Raft as shown above, as a support for plants rooted in the Hanging Planter, or plant directly onto it with certain kinds of plants. I have recently found that the pretty small Microsorum Java fern, 'Windeløv' grows really nice on the Nano Trellis Raft, and it's easy to plant.

The next shot shows one use of the black, water-resistant rubber bands, as an easy way to attach a rhizomatous plant to the raft.

Emersed Java fern is best grown in a high-humidity riparium setup, and is a great companion for crypts and anubias.

Note that the Island I pack also includes double portions of both Riparium Planter Gravel and clay pebbles substrate. While you can use any of various planted aquarium substrates to pot up your hanging planters, these convenient small bags will simplify the process. Here is a quick shot of the Riparium Planter Gravel.

The clay pebbles substrate (not pictured) is a more coarse material made of expanded clay that is useful for lining the bottom of the Hanging Planter. Certain kinds of plants, such as Spathiphyllum peace lilies, do best with most of the planter filled with clay pebbles and with a thinner cap of Riparium Planter Gravel on top.

This is quite a lot of stuff included in this package. Here are the two prices that I have calculated for the package components plus delivery.

• ONE Riparium Island I Combination Package ($28.00) with USPS Priority Mail shipping (discounted to $2) $30.00
  • TWO Riparium Island I Combination Packages ($28.00 each) with USPS Priority Mail shipping (free!) $56.00
Just send me a PM or reply into this thread if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey everybody check this out. This is a great combination package for starting out with riparium growing.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
This is a handy little riparium combination package and with the cheap shipping it's a real good value.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Check out this offer folks.

These components are great for starting out any kind of riparium setup.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Hey here is this offer again.

With three or four of these packages (and some plants) you could put together a setup like this one that I have in my 50-gallon tank.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Thanks very much for orders so far.

There are still more of these available.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
Just send a PM if you have any questions.

These are still available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store