bubble tip question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Some good news?

I have a bubble tip anemone in my 90 gallon reef. Imagine my shock when he retreated to the bottom of his rock , notted up and generally looked well, bad. I thought oh boy what can I do for you are you sick or what? I checked my water and everything was ok I'd been feeding him a couple times a week a very small amount of brine shrimp and invert food. He and his Tomato clown partner had settled nicley into my tank. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong with it. I've noticed that it looks kind of like it might be in process of becoming they! Has anyone else had a bubble tip reproduce in thier tank? He was probably about 4 inches in diamater when it began. He had just had a really large meal ,"my little yellow tang",:mad: . I was just wondering if this sudden large feed could have triggered reproduction?
Thank you
Chris

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
I don't know if it could be doing repro, but we have had 4 Bubble Anemones reproduce for us and we still have 3 of them and their clones. What kind of lighting do you have? What kind of water flow? What is water quality? All of these are dependant upon whether an anemone stays or goes. Anyway, hope this helps and good luck

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Sorry for being vague. I have good water flow and a compac unit with metal halide/blue acintic lights. My water quality is very good. I will retract one thing I'm not sure that he ate my tang it was prbly 2 inches and I'd say that was more fish than he could manage.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store