Longhorn Cowfish with pimples.. HELP!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

snowman100

AC Members
Oct 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
These white "pimples" showed up on my Cowfish a few days ago and are gettings worse..

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm worried about him...

IMG_4974.JPG

snowman100

AC Members
Oct 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I checked my water and all are within normal operating perameters.
I feed him 1 frozen Krill (defrosted) twice a day and sometimes I will substitute some algie seaweed. I had a Chromi that was bugging him and I removed him..

snowman100

AC Members
Oct 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Actually they are coming and going and in different places... albeit slower now as I am medicating his food. Not sure if I need to isolate him.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Just taking a guess, but possibly Lymphocystis.

http://blogs.thatpetplace.com/thatfishblog/2009/07/10/common-fish-diseases-and-conditions/
“Lymph”: Lymphocystis, commonly known as “lymph”, is a virus that affects both freshwater and saltwater fish. This virus forms white cauliflower-like growths on the fins and body of the fish and can cause white patches around the eyes. It usually develops when the immune system of the fish is weakened due to poor nutrition or water quality. Being a virus, there is no reliable medication to treat it but improving the conditions and diet will help to boost the fish’s natural immune system and can help the fish fight it on their own. Some sources recommend removing the nodules by scraping them from the body or fins; this can be a dangerous approach that may lead to excessive stress and secondary infections. Lymph is not usually fatal and often may clear up on its own as the fish fights off the virus.

Cerianthus

AC Members
Jul 9, 2008
Actually they are coming and going and in different places... albeit slower now as I am medicating his food. Not sure if I need to isolate him.
What do you mean by coming and going?

DO you mean such symptoms apppears and disppears at different locations?
If so, I dont think it's Lympho.

Have you considered dipping him/her in f/w with similar pH only when such symptoms appears? When doing f/w dip, do so in clear container for you to observe what happens to such symptoms since Cow will swim frantically in f/W .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store