african dwarf frogs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

maigen

AC Members
Oct 15, 2003
ontario canada
Visit site
from what i can tell, it looks like my frogs are mating. but from what i've been told on how to sex them, they are all females. so i'm not sure exactly what is going on.

they are adopting the posture of mating....one on top of the other with the top one having it's legs wrapped around the midsection of the lower just below the front legs. the bottom one's legs are fulled extended & crossed. they are not swimming around the tank though. they just lay at the bottom of the tank. every once in a while, the bottom one will try to get away (i think) & the end up just moving slowly around the bottom of the aquarium on the gravel.

do i actually have a male? is my female sexually confused? *LOL* or is this just something that they do & it's not mating at all?

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
In a single sex environemnt, most amphibians are capable of changing gender. The dominant female within a group will begin displaying male behavior, and slowly her body will change to a male. Very normal.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store