Angelfish Journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CookieMonster96

AC Members
Sep 10, 2010
Hello everybody. Im new to this forum, but not new to the hobby. I have officially been in this awsome hobby for about 1 year and a half. Im not the best out there but i know the basics.
I started out in april 2009 with a small 10 gallon for guppies. Soon they started to breed and i just loved the way the little fry looked and the fun it was in seeing them grow up. I decided it would be cool to keep angels so i read up on them and realised my tank was to small. In october i got a 30 gallon off of craigslist for a amazing price. I waited only 1 week to put fish in because it was already in use and cycled when i bought it. I put in 5 angels and a bristlenose pleco.
When I bought these fish they were quater size. I raised them up as a group for around 5 months and out of the blue 1 pair spawned. I was totally not ready for this and so they spawned and next day the eggs were gone. It took about 2 weeks for them to spawn again and then I put a divider in there and they parent raised their spawn and I had baby angels for the first time. Then about 2 weeks later around the same time pair number 1 spawned another pair spawned also! Long story short I ended up giving pair #1 up and keeping pair #2. Every thing went well for about 1 year then my gorgeus female died due to internal parasites
This is were i am now after the female died in july. I bought 2 other angels and was given 1 by my friend, which she said was a female. Currently I have 4 angelfish in the tank. 2 juvies, 1 pre adult(the proven female), and 1 adult(male whose pair died). I will be documenting everything that happens from now until one pair forms and spawns.
Hopefully some of you out there read this and like and and stay tuned in.
Thats all for now. I will be posting pics and and more later on.

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Welcome to AC!! Looking forward to pics!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
great to have your here! pics?

CookieMonster96

AC Members
Sep 10, 2010
Thx everybody for the warm welcome. Pics will be up tomorrow morning. Big update- the proven male is now not attacking the proven female and they are both defending a section of the tank! It looks to me like spawning behavior. Also they both seem to be picking vigorously at a leaf from my amazon sword. I think this thread will end earlier than i thought unless you guys want updates of the possible pair.

CookieMonster96

AC Members
Sep 10, 2010
aXio- angels do get very aggresive when in spawning mode as you witnessed. My female is bossing everyone around exept the Male

CookieMonster96

AC Members
Sep 10, 2010
Here are the pics as promised.

Gold Marble superviel

Golden pearlscale

half-black zebra(female)

Pearscale male(idk what type he is)

male and female together posing lol

p.s sorry for the bad quality these were taken from my phone.

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Oh my.. those are some gorgeous fish you have there!! Love the half black zebra--so pretty!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store