FS Marine Macro Algae - Caulerpa prolifera - Las Vegas - Shipping/Pickup

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
$9 per handful (approx 1/8 lb.) plus shipping. Very limited quantity available.

Add a small clump of beautiful, lush green macro algae "foliage" to your reef or FOWLR saltwater tank (or refugium). Relatively large easy grower that's easy to trim. Excellent for nutrient export by helping to reduce nitrates and phosphates to help "outcompete" other forms of nuisance algae growth. Grows relatively fast. Originates out of both coasts of the Atlantic in warm waters and the Mediterranean. Roots well in sand. Looks very much like sea grass and gives a protective area for small marine animals like shrimp and copepods to populate. Also makes a wonderful "hitching post" for seahorses and pipefish.

You can use an iron supplement in the absence of nutrient rich water, if desired, but moderation and care should be taken as iron can also encourage the growth of nuisance hair algae and less desirable macro algae.

This is one of a few species of Caulerpa that is not banned for sale in California.

For photos/more info:
http://www.live-plants.com/prolifera.htm
http://aquascapes-cville.com/sale

Consideration: Caulerpa prolifera is reef safe when properly maintained. For hobbyists who tend to be less than diligent with routine tank maintenance practices, however, this macro is a better candidate for your refugium or sump. Not recommended for use in your display tank unless you don't mind removing excess growth by hand now and then, perhaps as often as once or twice a month under high nutrient level conditions. Left to grow unchecked in a system that's not adequately maintained, this macro will gradually take over. Manual removal is your best method of control. To do so, simply pull out full blade portions as your C. prolifera clump spreads out or becomes overly dense without cutting or tearing the blades. As always, please be responsible with discarded portions to prevent introduction to local waterways.

Flat Rate shipping is $6 by USPS Priority Mail with confirmation/tracking. Continental USA only. Paypal preferred.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
2 weeks is no big deal, Labby. I wouldn't mind reserving a portion for you.

Not selling any others yet, but I probably will as they fill in more. So far, I have caulerpa mexicana, chaeto, gracilla, halimeda, red grape calerpa, and some other little tufts of stuff I haven't quite identified yet... lmao.

.......... I'm also open for trades to swap portions for other interesting macros, if anyone else likes these as much as I do.

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Cool, you want me to send the payment now? I don't have any macros yet to swap, don't even have fish in the sw tank yet, but I want to "plant" it. Let me know when you have other macros too.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Any time is fine. Use firedrake.ds(at)gmail.com for Paypal. The total is $15 shipped.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Here's an update with some photos.

These were taken after moving our excess macros to a 3 gallon PICO tank. The prolifera is about 4 inches tall.

Jan-Sep 2010 182.jpg

Jan-Sep 2010 185.jpg

Jan-Sep 2010 188.jpg

Jan-Sep 2010 189.jpg

Jan-Sep 2010 182.jpg Jan-Sep 2010 185.jpg Jan-Sep 2010 188.jpg Jan-Sep 2010 189.jpg

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Update: One portion left available.

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
PM received and I'll reply to you in a moment.

*** Sold Out ***

I'll leave the thread open for now. If anyone else wants some, just wait a while and PM me directly. I may have some I can send even if I don't bother starting another sale thread.

Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store